Inch Cottage is a self-catering property located in Dunkeld, Perthshire, Scotland. They approached us to refresh their website, develop a simple, text-based brand for the business and set up a Facebook page to make the property more visible.
We built the website using WordPress because it:
- allows clients to control their own content
- can be customised extensively with plugins including contact forms and galleries.
The website includes one page featuring:
- a Google calendar showing availability
- a booking form
- a gallery
- an embedded, interactive Google map
- links to local attractions.
We set up an interactive dashboard using Google Data Studio so the client could see:
- how many people use the site
- what they view the site on (i.e. desktop, mobile or tablet)
- where the users live.
We also included on page tracking with Hotjar, allowing us to see through heatmaps and screen recordings how the website is used. Hotjar also allows us to include a feedback element where users can rate their experience on the site.
We worked with the client to produce a text-based brand identity for the business. This is used on the website and Facebook page.
We set up a new Inch Cottage Facebook page to raise the profile of the cottage and also provide an alternative point of contact for potential clients.